Job Title : MaRS Associate, Outcomes Finance
The MaRS Associate, Outcomes Finance will build on the momentum surrounding impact investing in Canada and the leadership of the Centre in order to drive the effective application of outcomes finance models (commonly termed Social Impact Bonds).
MaRS works with partners to catalyze, accelerate and amplify innovation. We support entrepreneurs starting and growing global businesses. Together, we are building Canada’s knowledge economy. The MaRS Centre, a convergence innovation facility, is located in Toronto’s Discovery District. For more information, please visit www.marsdd.com.
About the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing (CII)
The Centre for Impact Investing is a strategic program of MaRS and a leading national hub dedicated to advancing impact investing in Canada. The Centre seeks to foster the effective application of social finance and build awareness by sharing knowledge and research through platforms like SocialFinance.ca, the Social Venture Exch ange (SVX), and the Canadian B Corp Hub. For more information, please visit http://impactinvesting.marsdd.com
MaRS is searching for an outstanding candidate to join our small, entrepreneurial team to work on emerging opportunities in the field of impact investing. This person will have the following attributes and qualifications:
• An interest in innovative financial models that have the ability to significantly influence social change
• Ambitious and goal oriented; willing to lead with minimal supervision
• A relationship and network builder (i.e. community animator)
• A confident educator and strong communicator
• An understanding of the political landscape in Canada
• An ability to work with stakeholders across a variety of sectors (public, private and nonprofit /community sectors) on financial and social matters
• Comfortable with presentation tools (e.g. Powerpoint, Prezi )
• At least two years relevant experience
The Associate is responsible for the following activities :
• Work with partners and Centre staff to execute on outcomes finance/social impact bond projects
• Lead the coordination of initiatives that connect stakeholders and foster collaboration around opportunities
• Proactively educate government, nonprofit and private secto r stakeholders about opportunities
• Lead knowledge creation and dissemination strategies for partners and the general public
• Contribute to MaRS thought leadership efforts and general communication about outcomes finance and impact investing
• Support the development of tools and services that build the capacity of others to undertake SIB analysis and intermediation
• Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at the MaRS Discovery District in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Although most of the work will be based in Toronto, there may be some travel required.
This is a full time, salaried position for one year with the possibility for renewal. The Associate reports to the Manager, Social Finance and is supported by other Centre colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7th, 2012 . MaRS thanks all candidates; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.