ABOUT ANGAZA: Angaza Design creates high-quality solar energy products with embedded, proprietary Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) technology to make clean energy affordable for consumers at the base of the socio-economic pyramid. Angaza is a for-profit business with headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, and is focused on the use of human-centered design principles to build disruptive solutions for emerging markets. Our dynamic and highly skilled team shares a passion for addressing unmet global needs through innovative, market-driven solutions.
• Current residence in (or relocation to) Nairobi required.
• Establish Kenyan office and East African operations.
• Travel frequently throughout East Africa region.
• Help hire and manage core East African sales and marketing team.
• Coordinate and oversee Angaza’s distributor relationships.
• Research and initiate new distribution channels and sales initiatives.
• Spearhead Angaza’s upcoming PAYG commercial launch initiatives in Q1 2013.
• Manage flow of products from port to customer.
• Facilitate communication between Angaza U.S. (Palo Alto, CA) and Angaza East Africa teams. Will report directly to CEO.
• Support local technology testing and user research initiatives involved with Angaza’s product pipeline.
• Firsthand experience scaling a young company; comfortable in a dynamic, flexible, tech-oriented start-up atmosphere. As the first permanent East African-based team member, applicant must thrive in working independently, and forming and implementing new initiatives.
• Minimum 3 years of business experience. Strong management skills required with an ability to motivate a team through challenging situations.
• Comfort and past experience with traveling or living internationally required. Experience in Africa strongly preferred.
• Distribution and/or supply chain expertise strongly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written English; Swahili language skills not required, but a definite plus.
• Passion for emerging market development through sustainable business practices.
TO APPLY: Please send your résumé along with a cover letter explaining your background and reasons for wanting to join the Angaza team to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Angaza Director of East African Operations Application.” Applications are considered on a rolling basis, so please apply early. We will be in touch within 1 week of your application receipt. Thank you!