Learned By Me (learnedbyme.com), a global education-technology startup headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks country managers in Beijing, China and Quito, Ecuador. In this role, you will be the team’s brains and leader on the ground in your country and you will help define processes, solidify relationships, and contribute to decisions critical to the startup’s success. We are an early stage company with huge goals so we are looking for all-stars to help us achieve them.
You will be helping define and scale our initial product - a service that connects teachers from the developing world with students from the developed world for private online lessons.
· Be responsible for the success of our company in your country and problem solve, hustle, and do whatever else necessary to make that happen (this will not be a 9-5 job)
· Source and vet high quality teachers and solidify channels and processes so that this process is sustainable for the long term
· Tweak and improve our training curriculum to make for the best possible teacher and customer experience
· Build out critical in-country relationships
· Collaborate with our U.S. team to improve the customer experience and to strategically scale operations
· Fluent in English and Spanish / Mandarin Chinese
· Natural problem solver with high degree of hustle (no task is above or below you)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· High degree of maturity and excellent judgment
· Connections to local universities or other source of high-quality teachers
· At least one year living and working in Quito or Beijing
· Evidence of prior jobs and experience that required a combination of customer service and high level strategic thinking
· Experience working in a startup or high achieving work environment
· Experience teaching English or another language or working in education
Negotiable. Most likely, this will start as a contract position with the promise of a competitive salary and equity compensation package if the fit is good. There will also be lots of opportunity to switch to other exciting positions and locations within the company for high performers.
To apply, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Country Manager – country – your name”. The email should include an attached resume and a short note about why you are a good fit for the role.